Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need a Referral to See Dr Kent?
You can see Dr Kent without a referral, however you need a referral for your account to be reimbursed by Medicare. Medicare will reimburse part of your consultation if a referral is made by a General Practioner or Specialist.
Where Can I See Dr Kent?
Dr Kent consults at Suite 10, Level 1, 235 Darby Street, Cooks Hill. The rooms are part of the Cooks Hill HealthCare Hub and are located next to Harris Farm. Dr Kent shares these premises with Dr David Dewar. Undercover parking can be accessed by turning into the building from Tooke Street, and taking the ramp to Level 1.
Do You See Urgent Referrals?
Yes, Dr Kent has a keen interest in sports injuries and fractures that often need urgent treatment. These include (but are not limited to) syndesmotic injuries, achilles tendon ruptures, ankle fractures, and tibial fractures. We leave room for some of these type of appointments in our schedule.
What Should I Bring to My Appointment?
1. Your GP or Specialist Referral
2. All relevant test results (ie MRI scans, Bone scans, X-Rays, CT scans, Ultrasound scans)
3. Medicare card
4. Private Health Insurance Details
5. Workcover or Third Party details (if applicable)
6. Patient information sheet - a copy of this form can be download by clicking here. This form is used so that we can send correspondence to your local doctor, physiotherapist, podiatrist, etc. If you like, you can fill it in ahead of your appointment and email it to email@example.com
What Should I Wear to My Appointment?
1. Suitable clothing to allow examination of the area of concern
2. Shoes containing your regular orthotics or modified shoewear you wear on a day-to-day basis
I Need An X-ray Prior to My Appointment. How do I get this?
Occasionally Dr Kent requires patients to get a specific type of X-ray prior to their appointment. We will send you a copy of this request, usually via email. The good news is that Hunter Imaging Cooks Hill is located in the ground floor of our building. They do not require an appointment for your X-ray, hence we recommend turning up 30-45mins prior to your appointment with Dr Kent to get your X-ray done downstairs prior to your consultation.
What Payments Do You Accept?
We accept payment by both debit and credit card. We also accept cash, however the practice does not keep cash on site, meaning the payment needs to be the exact amount for the consult fee. You will be quoted your consult fee when you call to make an appointment. We are unfortunately unable to accept cheques at this time.